Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taxplosion!

January 1st to April 15th is a lovely time in the United States, a time to find out just how hard the government is taking you from behind for what you've dared to do the year before.
I understand that everyone already knows this, that it comes to no surprise to anyone, and that it only connects myself and my job in the same ways that it connects everyone else and everyone else's jobs and is therefore not really worth writing about, but, well.

Argh.

For the first time in my working life, I owe money to our government. The only reason why I owe money to our government is because Mr. Paycheckwriter has been unusually incompetent both this and last year, and decided to take out only 7% of my income when a good 13% needed to be taken out. And, since I'm a dependent on my parent's taxes (I do what I can for you, mom and dad), my meager paychecks aren't twisting anyones heartstrings. No deductions for the poor college student, nossir.

I've come to grips with this. I'm ok with it now. However, in trying to prevent it from happening again this year, I came across another Argh. moment: logging into the partner page on the Starbucks website. Which I haven't yet fully signed up for. Which I was hoping to sign up for at home.

The only page I can reach, though, leads me to two sections: "I Have a Global Name and Password" and "International Partners". I don't qualify for either, but the first section seems more promising than the other. Under the log in are options for if you forget either your username or your password, which clearly I do.

But. BUT. To be reminded of your password, you need to know your password. And to change your password you need to know your password. And to enroll. To create. Your password. You need to know your password. And. And. But. I don't. I don't know it. And. Argh.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you've ever wondered what working at Starbucks is like, the above section sums it up much better than anything else I could ever, ever tell you.

/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment