Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sleep > Caffeine

So, as many of you should know, this past Sunday was the day that we turned our clocks forward an hour. Those of you that don't know, I hate to break it to you, but you're late.

A post like this would probably, I'm sure, have been more relevant three days ago, but my sleep schedule has been so off that I've been wandering around in a nap-like state since Sunday, which would have made for some bizarre and hilarious writing.

Why, you may ask (though you probably wouldn't), has my sleep schedule been so torn apart? Because on Sunday, on the day that we lost an hour of precious, beautiful sleep, I was scheduled to be at work at 5:30 ay em. Five. Freaking. Thirty. In. The. Morning. I didn't even know that was a real time. Apparently it is, and it's a lonely and dark time, a quietness into which only the saddest of people dare to venture out into. What helped a little more was the fact that it felt like 4:30, and, indeed, the clock in the car still read the real time. What helped further was the fact that the entire night had been spent doing sleep math (you know, when you lie there and do the math on how much time you have to sleep and how long you'll be sleeping if you fall asleep right then instead of actually sleeping) and, all in all, picked up about two hours of sleep.

And whine. It was terrible. I may never recover.

Of course, it was proven to me early that shift that I wasn't the only one miserable to be alive, since the second customer I had that morning rolled down her window, handed me her money, and said, "I don't like you," and nothing else.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you decaffed her after that. Wench deserved it.
    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I was so baffled by it, I just apologized and stood there awkwardly. It was a pretty surreal morning. Eff Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do not miss Sundays in the least. The only part of them I liked was after Kevin and I got everything done, we'd snatch a paper and both look for new jobs in it.

    - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. See this I can sympathize with. I get up at that hellish time in the morning on saturdays to make the bus ride down to the city to get to my starbucks to open. But don't worry I've figured out the secret to makeing even that tolerable... the death of hope. Just let it die. Become a mindless machine that serves coffee and all will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd that's brilliant! All this time I've been relying on hopes and dreams to get me through life! You should write a self-help book, and call it "The Death of Hope" or "The Secret".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. buy coffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. how to make the best coffee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! regional coffee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. pacebook pva account

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. tour packages Sri Lanka

    ReplyDelete